 Space / 40990

Subject:
Galactica Rag Tag Fleet: 3 new transport ships!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:50:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello my dear fellows!

Today I’d like to show you three transport ships of the so-called “Rag Tag Fleet”, the collection of civilian ships which follows and is protected by the Battlestar Galactica. The following vessels are all from the Classic Battlestar Galactica series, although it’s possible some also appear in the new series.

Something all three ships have in common, is, that they feature all a heavy amount of TECHNIC® pieces, the only pieces which allowed for their somewhat untypical shapes. During my MINI building career, I learned that you should never underestimate the potential of technic pieces. :-)

First ship for today are the famous “Colonial Movers - We move anywhere”. This transport ship has its cargo containers assembled in a triangular way around its backbone. Click one of the images below to get to the BrickShelf Gallery.

The second ship is another container freighter, the “Gemini Freighter”. This freighter has octagonal cargo containers, so I guessed those octagonal bricks from the underwater themes should do the job. They are connected via technic axles and liftarms. Click one of the images below to get to the BrickShelf Gallery.

The third and last ship for today is the “Livery Ship”, a mineral hauling ship. It uses 1x5 technic plates, some of my most favourite pieces these days. Click one of the images below to get to the BrickShelf Gallery.

That’s it for now. Thanks for your interest and stepping by. Have a nice sunday!

Yours Christopher.

Re: Galactica Rag Tag Fleet: 3 new transport ships!
In lugnet.space, Christopher Deck wrote:
[...]

Absolutely gorgeous stuff, Christopher! Very inventive use of parts, especially the Technic 3-bladed helicopter rotor on the Mover and the Santa Fe engine exhuast discs on the Livery Ship.

Very deserving of the spotlight!

Dave S.

Re: Galactica Rag Tag Fleet: 3 new transport ships!