 Space / 39642
Re: Further BSG models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:09:59 GMT

I always thought that there was a huge gun of some kind which was fired from
a planet, and could destroy entire ships, but only had a fixed aiming point
or line beyond which it could not target the ships.  It almost got the BSG
and got quite a few ships destroyed.

There was also the final episode where the BSG goes up against a cylon death
star (I believe) and I seem to remember this being two large flattened cones
joined together at a point some distance before the tips, but with the bases
of the cones elevated towards the centre of the cone's base, instead of
flat, making it look rather like one of those preschool rubber sponges on a
plastic stick, that one used to do decoration and drawing with.

You might also want to consider doing hangar deck vignettes or small scenes,
it was interesting to note that the colony ships got launched through a
passageway lit with a series of lights.  That might be interesting to
recreate, as would the main control console of the BSG itself.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"Christopher Deck" <deck1 [AT] web [DOT] de> wrote in message
Hello again!

I thought about further models of the series, and decided that the classci
series is much better than the nre remake. Hence I'd like to only do ships
of
the claasic series. I finally have a layout for the Cylon Raider, which I
am
only waiting for one part ordered.

Unfortunately we don't know many other ships from the classic series.
There are
a few, like the Tiger-class Destroyers, a colonial shuttle, and some
transport
ships. As for the cylons, there is that huge starbase and gunboat which
are more
or less dish-shaped, and rather boring designs.

So, these are my thoughts. Any other thoughts? ;-)

Chris