 Space / 39641
Re: Further BSG models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Christopher Deck wrote:
   Hello again!

I thought about further models of the series, and decided that the classci series is much better than the nre remake. Hence I’d like to only do ships of the claasic series. I finally have a layout for the Cylon Raider, which I am only waiting for one part ordered.

Well, although I like the new series, and the updated designs, at micro scale the differences are indistinguishable, for the most part (except maybe the Cylon raider).

   Unfortunately we don’t know many other ships from the classic series. There are a few, like the Tiger-class Destroyers, a colonial shuttle, and some transport ships. As for the cylons, there is that huge starbase and gunboat which are more or less dish-shaped, and rather boring designs.

Hmm, I can’t think of anything that would be iconic enough to portray in the BSG universe. However, if you’re open to Space:1999, the Eagle is a pretty interesting ship as well, as Joe pointed out... :)

Kelly