 Space / 39643
39642  |  39644
Subject:
Stargate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 05:26:12 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Kelly’s Stargate

It’s only been two and a half months since it was shown at BrickFest 2005, but I’ve finally gotten around to taking pictures and putting it up on Brickshelf and MOCPages.

I’m honored to say this (my first real MOC displayed at a convention) received the Best Medium Space award as well as the Best Brick Mod award at BrickFest 2005. I’ve since shown it at NW BrickCon as well, where it also received quite a few positive responses.

Features
  • Stands 19” tall
  • 7 chevrons light up
  • Inner ring spins, driven by a treadmill in the base
  • Controlled by RCX
  • Stargate symbols are accurate reproductions from the TV show/movie
  • Symbols are decals
  • Took approx. 3 months to build (mostly while watching Stargate: SG-1)
Brickshelf gallery (after moderation)
MOCPages entry (with annotated thumbnails)

Kelly