 Space / 39466
Re: Birth of a New Faction: Rising Suns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:29:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Damien Nesbit wrote:
   Nelson, This is great stuff. It definitely does not disappoint. Your attention to detail is especially commendable. I really like the way the 4 vigs combine to create a single bulding that also seems to conform to the “classic space” guidelines. is this so? Either way, you get props. i also like the “rising suns” logo, oh, and “rice rocket R” - very cheeky name. Not to sound overly anglophonic, but this is brilliant. -D

Thanks for the props! In building Yamane’s apartment, my goal was to make a small, confined quarters aboard some larger Jade Empire ship (or building), therefore I made the entrance similar to a moonbase module door. The people of Japan are masters at storage and maximizing their living space, and I tried to carry that into this MOC, as well as some of their traditional household decor.

I haven’t seen too many MOCs of .space residences or homes, but the color scheme of the JE easily lent itself to the cold metal walls.

“Big Daddy” Nelson