 Space / 38675
Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:32:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim McSweeney wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Hello all, in support of a new display we’re going to try and get going at Brickfest this year, I am announcing a contest. The object? To build asteroid based MOCs!

There will be two categories in this contest, small asteroid and large asteroid. The other judges and I will try and define these categories based on the type of entries submitted.

The only restriction is that the actual asteroid parts should be reasonable asteroid colors, so that they can all be put into one layout display. Example colors are tan, light gray, dark gray, and brown, but if you can make something else work (like a gray asteroid half mined away to show trans neon green or something), go for it.

If the ultimate goal is a shared display are we assuming minifig scale? Or are microfig (and other) scale asteroids welcome in the contest as well?

Cheers Tim

I could SWEAR I posted a reply to this... Maybe it was also asked on CSF.

The original intent was minifig scale, but I see no reason to actually make that a restriction. There’s no reason to think that there couldn’t be tiny little aliens living in the asteroids too, so microfig seems fine. As for anything larger than minifig scale, well, that would be quite an accomplishment,and something I’d love to see.

I’m not sure if it’s fair to judge a microfig MOC against a minifig MOC, so if we get microfig entries, I may have to add another category.

-Dan Rubin