 Space / 38609
  Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

Hello all, in support of a new display we're going to try and get going at Brickfest this year, I am announcing a contest. The object? To build asteroid based MOCs! There will be two categories in this contest, small asteroid and large asteroid. The (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) If we make an astroid with a place on top to suspend it by fishing line, will there be a way to hang them there at GMU? (provided we can bring our own string) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) That's an interesting idea. I'll look at the ceiling next time I'm there (in a couple weeks). Alternatively, Lenny and I both plan to bring plenty of trans elements to display these things interestingly (as well as the filler asteroids we'll (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) What's wrong with you Rubin? I'm going to pretend you didn't really suggest this one. Great contest idea though, and I think it would make for a great group display and a better setting for ships at a con. -Keith (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) Hehe. I'm picturing a walk-through asteroid field in 3-D. Picture the "swoosh" factor for anybody with a small ship... (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) If the ultimate goal is a shared display are we assuming minifig scale? Or are microfig (and other) scale asteroids welcome in the contest as well? Cheers Tim (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) Dammit, you're going to make me try this one, aren't you? :P Jeff (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

(...) I could SWEAR I posted a reply to this... Maybe it was also asked on CSF. The original intent was minifig scale, but I see no reason to actually make that a restriction. There's no reason to think that there couldn't be tiny little aliens (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)