 Space / 37995
Re: Bangobot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 21:51:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Not very well at all. Most mech builders leave an exposed stud somewhere that does most of the holding. Mark Sandlin’s DEEPFRAH uses this finger style, and the gun (as seen here) is held up by that inverse slope in the palm. Soren Roberts also used this finger style (here)- which was my direct inspiration for Bangobot (or should I say, idea stolen?) - and he also relies on exposed studs in the palm to hold on to anything.
Ummm...

Ahem...

I think I used that finger idea first:

First Incarnation: “Wolf” - March 19, 2002

Final Sleek Design: “Sentinel” - July 6, 2003

I believe this remarkable photograph predates both of yours...

Sir Leon Hoff, great-great-great-great uncle of Lenny, discovered what he called “levered fingerage” in 1877. He died the next year of consumption.

~Kevoh