 Space / 37976
Re: Bangobot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:19:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Eric Constantino wrote:
   Leonard, I had already replied to this... but it seems to have not gone thru?!? Anyhow, I just wanted to give you a “big up” on this tiny mech. I like how even though it’s small, it’s pretty articulate. I’m also a big fan of not showing studs (although my first posts don’t show it!).

Thanks for the comments! Studlessness is a double edged sword - sometimes covering the studs gives a model an added finished look. Sometimes, it looks dumb. But thanks for telling me that I did it well!

   I’m curious about the hands/fingers... I’ve been meaning to try that, but I wasn’t sure about the posability? How do they fair when having to hold something?

Not very well at all. Most mech builders leave an exposed stud somewhere that does most of the holding. Mark Sandlin’s DEEPFRAH uses this finger style, and the gun (as seen here) is held up by that inverse slope in the palm. Soren Roberts also used this finger style (here)- which was my direct inspiration for Bangobot (or should I say, idea stolen?) - and he also relies on exposed studs in the palm to hold on to anything.

I’m sure you could get something in the hand and have the fingers hold it up, but not much.

-Lenny