 Space / 36221
Re: PCS Magnolia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:29:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:
Meet my ship, the Magnolia! Ain't she a beaut?

That ship is a beauty! The form, the details!

The only (visual) problem I have with it is the square-y (word?) blockiness
of the opening around the pod.

This was the toughest thing about the design. I didn't try to fight it (much). I
wanted to have wide viewports on the sides and yet have the pod/bubble be low
profile, which meant it had to be lowered and look sealed onto the ship. Using
snotted arches to conform to the circle seemed like a good idea, but that left
gaps as well.