 Space / 36222
36221  |  36223
Subject:
A Wedding & a Chruch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.people, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:51:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I wasn’t sure where to post this, so I picked a few of my favorite sections. Feel free to move this if necessary.

I’m getting married about 3 hours from now. For the occasion, I build a church scene in Miniland scale for the reception. I didn’t have a lot of time this morning to grab pictures, but I wanted to have a few in case something catastropic happens to the MOC before I get a chance to get some proper pictures.

So, for a graphics intensive page of quick snapshots, click here:

http://www2.ci-n.com/~esdavis/church/church.html

I started out building a cake topper, and ended up with a full blown church scene. Ain’t Lego great?!

The groom is a copy of one that I’ve seen posted here on Lugnet before. With a few changes to the design, I came up with the minister. Next was the bride, which used to have a larger dress (flashback to a couple of weeks ago when my fiance walks in and says “I’m not *that* big!”).

After getting those built, I couldn’t stop. I build a church pew, then a couple of figures to occupy it. They came out well, so I decided I’d add a couple more. After that, having a church to put everyone in seemed like the logical progression.

I’m off now to the real church. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. Wish me luck!

-Elroy