 Space / 36
Re: Space is fantastic......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.space, John VanZwieten writes:

Tobias Möller <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message
I´m so happy this newsgroup came...
I love space and I want to disscuss it alot, *a lot*, A LOT!

Futuron, M:tron, Classic, Blacktron.......

Tell us what you've done with M:Tron.  Has anyone designed an M:Tron base?
What did you put in it?  I've worked on several M:Tron projects, but finished
few.  I built a "Magma Miner" using lots of the parts of the MCM.  It had a
huge drill aparatus on the front, and a trailer for carrying a Celestial
Forager.  The three sets of giant wheels had semi-independent suspension, so
it could go over large uneven obstacles while staying level.

Another project I got half-way through was an ore refinery.  Lots of pipes,
silos, vats, and a cool control room.

The only project I finished was a large (~48 x 48) M:Tron corporate
headquarters building.  Picture a 3-dimentional "M", then picture 4 of them
arranged in a square.  At the base it was 8 separate 1-story buildings with
corridors leading to an open space in the middle.  Then all four sides formed
the 3-D "M" shapes (colored with white, red, and black just like the logo),
and at the top it became 4 towers.  I wish I had pictures to share, but my
wife got sick of it sitting in the living room and took it down, then the • kids
got to it before pictures could be taken.

What about others?

-John Van

Though I never actually built it, I had a very cool dream about an M:Tron
base. It was on a 32x32 green baseplate. The back half of the plate was
covered in a wall of BURPs,

What's a BURP?
Big Ugly Reeking People?
I've heard the term before.

and the front half had a forest of palm trees.
Behind the mountain of BURPs, there was a small hangar that let out a
miniature MCM. There was also a waterfall made completely of clear bricks that
went down the mountain and served as the window to the control center behind
it. The inside was kind of a control room done in MT colors. It was very cool,
but I have not been able to duplicate it to make it as cool as it was in the
dream.
Greg "Yeah, whatever." Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/

Alex "BURP!" Roode