 Space / 28
Re: Space is fantastic......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:29:53 GMT

I never got many sets, but I think they are so cool! You can see two M:tron
creations a t my page, one mech and a small, very small, spaceship. The Mech
is not really M:tron, it has too few black pieces in it.
http://i.am/tobias_m/ , that´s my URL. I really enjoyed all of the M:tron
sets that I had, but now, they´re mixed up in my bucket of lego.
I have been thinking of an M:tron base, using one or two quarter domes in
neon-yellow. Start with a normal, big gray baseplate. Then, some sort of
ramp for driving small cars in and out of the base. The set should have 4
minifigs, and come with two cars and a spaceship. The spaceship landing pad
is located to the left of the base itself, but it is connected to the base
via a bridge. inside the two cuarter domes, that could split up like in the
Exploriens base, there is computers, storage for the cars (that could be
located below the floor).
I don´t know what to do about the open feeling of only using 2 domes. The
dome could act as the back wall, and then the open front is where you
"control" the minifigs.

--Tobias

Tell us what you've done with M:Tron.  Has anyone designed an M:Tron base?
What did you put in it?  I've worked on several M:Tron projects, but • finished
few.  I built a "Magma Miner" using lots of the parts of the MCM.  It had a
huge drill aparatus on the front, and a trailer for carrying a Celestial
Forager.  The three sets of giant wheels had semi-independent suspension, • so
it could go over large uneven obstacles while staying level.

Another project I got half-way through was an ore refinery.  Lots of pipes,
silos, vats, and a cool control room.

The only project I finished was a large (~48 x 48) M:Tron corporate
headquarters building.  Picture a 3-dimentional "M", then picture 4 of them
arranged in a square.  At the base it was 8 separate 1-story buildings with
corridors leading to an open space in the middle.  Then all four sides • formed
the 3-D "M" shapes (colored with white, red, and black just like the logo),
and at the top it became 4 towers.  I wish I had pictures to share, but my
wife got sick of it sitting in the living room and took it down, then the • kids
got to it before pictures could be taken.

What about others?

-John Van