 Space / 27
Re: Space is fantastic......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:56:56 GMT

Tobias Möller <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message
news:FIF5vC.M90@lugnet.com...
I´m so happy this newsgroup came...
I love space and I want to disscuss it alot, *a lot*, A LOT!

Futuron, M:tron, Classic, Blacktron.......

Tell us what you've done with M:Tron.  Has anyone designed an M:Tron base?
What did you put in it?  I've worked on several M:Tron projects, but finished
few.  I built a "Magma Miner" using lots of the parts of the MCM.  It had a
huge drill aparatus on the front, and a trailer for carrying a Celestial
Forager.  The three sets of giant wheels had semi-independent suspension, so
it could go over large uneven obstacles while staying level.

Another project I got half-way through was an ore refinery.  Lots of pipes,
silos, vats, and a cool control room.

The only project I finished was a large (~48 x 48) M:Tron corporate
headquarters building.  Picture a 3-dimentional "M", then picture 4 of them
arranged in a square.  At the base it was 8 separate 1-story buildings with
corridors leading to an open space in the middle.  Then all four sides formed
the 3-D "M" shapes (colored with white, red, and black just like the logo),
and at the top it became 4 towers.  I wish I had pictures to share, but my
wife got sick of it sitting in the living room and took it down, then the kids
got to it before pictures could be taken.

What about others?

-John Van