 Space / 29895
29894  |  29896
Subject:
Introducing T'Kunce drive-revolutionizing space travel was: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 09:34:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   Hi Everyone,

SNIP

   He once showed me a photo of his favorite LEGO part, the 1x1 with 5 studs. He even had it tattooed.

SNIP

   -Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Yes Sir! Mr. Grand Admiral Sir!

Per your request, we here at Eridani SpaceTek would like to unveil our latest achievement. We were hoping to be able to supply a radical new power source/space drive system to Kane StarCrafters, in light of their innovative space product line. We first were determined to use Kane StarCrafters’ CEO’s favorite product element, the aforementioned part. Our result is astonishing; we call it the “T’Kunce drive.” It is named for one of space’s most innovative inventors, integral to the Kane StarCrafters company. This revolutuonary drive system features multi axis symmetry, giving it an inherently stable, focused & powerful energy field. The stable, even field is easily ‘sensored’ through for ships to see where they’re going, but also easy enough to modulate to prevent enemies from having an advantage. The energy stream is supplied at the base of the unit & is channeled throught the conduits around a crystalline spamcell core. The surrounding conduits collimate the energy, which is then focused & directed at the spamcell core, which focuses it even more, & then sends the power stream to the engines/energy distribution node, giving an extremely powerful & efficient drive/power system, depending on what it’s hooked up to. The resulting propulsion is an extremely efficient & blindingly fast slipstream drive. Oddly, a side benefit was discovered in testing: the focused, symmetrical resonance of the crystalline spamcells has the benefit of driving away fleebnorks! The images:

initial 3D compact engine:

a cutaway view:

a compact 2D unit for the Kane StarCrafters smaller craft:

and finally a variation of the 3D & it’s cutaway view:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/TKunceDrive/tkuncedrivea.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/TKunceDrive/tkuncedriveb.jpg

Tek Eridani, founder, Eridani SpaceTek

(Jeff)