 Space / 29876

Subject:
Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:08:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi Everyone,

I chatted with Travis online every day. We shared many online jokes that were known really to only a few of us.

I tried to think of something people could wear, like a ribbon or T shirt or some such, to remember Travis. But those all seemed like things that would cost too much money or just not convey what I wanted.

He once showed me a photo of his favorite LEGO part, the 1x1 with 5 studs. He even had it tattooed.

I would like to suggest that everyone attending Brickfest PDX or other LEGO conventions who wants to remember Travis in some small way put the 5 stud brick on your brick badge. Use any color you like. Feel free to add parts to it if you want... that’s why Travis loved it.

I have made it the Space Seed Part for January. It’s not difficult to use it in a MOC, in fact it’s incredibly versatile and useful, which is why it was Travis’s favorite.

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
   He once showed me a photo of his favorite LEGO part, the 1x1 with 5 studs. He even had it tattooed.

--SteveR

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
He once showed me a photo of his favorite LEGO part, the 1x1 with 5 studs. • He
even had it tattooed.

http://news.lugnet.com/people/?n=3833
The tattoo...

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
I would like to suggest that everyone attending Brickfest PDX or other LEGO conventions who wants to remember Travis in some small way put the 5 stud brick on your brick badge. Use any color you like. Feel free to add parts to it if you want... that’s why Travis loved it.

I have made it the Space Seed Part for January. It’s not difficult to use it in a MOC, in fact it’s incredibly versatile and useful, which is why it was Travis’s favorite.

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Great idea Mark. I had some thoughts of my own on the subject. Not so much on a grand scale for everyone, but just a few personal ideas. For one, I’m planning on putting Travis’ entire brickshelf folder on CD, just to have it as inspiration, and in case it would be deleted for some reason. I’m also planning on making a black armband decal with the Kane Starcrafters logo on it for my sig fig. (Considered also getting the 1x1 with 5 studs tattoo with a small tk under it, but haven’t sold myself on that idea yet.)

Matthew Krotzer, Creator of the Unknown Division and Friend of Travis Kunce

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
   For one, I’m planning on putting Travis’ entire brickshelf folder on CD, just to have it as inspiration, and in case it would be deleted for some reason. I’m also planning on making a black armband decal with the Kane Starcrafters logo on it for my sig fig. (Considered also getting the 1x1 with 5 studs tattoo with a small tk under it, but haven’t sold myself on that idea yet.)

Matthew Krotzer, Creator of the Unknown Division and Friend of Travis Kunce

Matthew, your CD idea works for #2 in my post

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=44573

Maybe we could all buy one and give the $ to his fam?

-paul

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
Matthew, your CD idea works for #2 in my post

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=44573

Maybe we could all buy one and give the $ to his fam?

-paul

Sounds like a possibility. Don’t know if I can afford that many CD’s though. I’d gladly sell them, maybe even with a small insert about Travis, at cost, which shouldn’t be more than a couple bucks. (Mark, drop me an email. I’d love to work with you on this.) Any additional money could be donated directly to his family, assuming they’re cool with it. I’m also willing to make a copy of this for his family for free. (Giddens, Mark, I’d have to talk to you about contact info for them, I guess.) I was thinking that perhaps the inserts could have a few memories or nice comments about Travis from some of us here at .space as well. I’ve got the next week or so off from work, so I’ve got time to get this project underway.

Matthew Krotzer

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
   For one, I’m planning on putting Travis’ entire brickshelf folder on CD, just to have it as inspiration, and in case it would be deleted for some reason. I’m also planning on making a black armband decal with the Kane Starcrafters logo on it for my sig fig. (Considered also getting the 1x1 with 5 studs tattoo with a small tk under it, but haven’t sold myself on that idea yet.)

Matthew Krotzer, Creator of the Unknown Division and Friend of Travis Kunce

Matthew, your CD idea works for #2 in my post

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=44573

Maybe we could all buy one and give the $ to his fam?

-paul

What an neat idea, Paul! In fact, we could put a selection of the best space/mecha mocs with it from other builders, in honor of Trav.

~Trev

Re: Remembering Travis - His favorite piece
I would like to suggest that everyone attending Brickfest PDX or other LEGO conventions who wants to remember Travis in some small way put the 5 stud brick on your brick badge.

   -Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Right on.