 Space / 18674
Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:37:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
Or, as I do in my world, anything small is called a "craft".  Spacecraft,
unlike spaceships, are typically too small to have a bridge, can be piloted
by just one or two people, and due to their size they lack the supplies
needed for lengthier space journies on their own.  I compare it to sailing
ships.  A ship can travel independently oversea, but small craft and boats
are mostly for coastal travel.  ...The next logical question would be
whether the word CRAFT or BOAT is an acronym for something too...

CRAFT -
Contemptible Range At Full Transwarp
Can't Run Around For Too long
Cost the Royal Air Force Tuppence