 Space / 18668
  Deciding on a large ship acronym

Many good ideas were thrown around when we last discussed this. After thinking about it for a long while I've decided that SHIP is a cool term. James Brown, who proposed the term, said it stood for Seriously Huge Interstellar Plastic. I added that (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym

(...) Haha! (...) Could work. But what do we mean by "100 studs"? Are we discussing length of the model? What if someone designs a model that is rather wide, deep, or tall? Theoretically, a ship could contain thousands of pieces and still measure (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:H4tIKw.F1A@lugnet.com... (...) I try. I try. (...) or (...) might (...) Great questions. I personally think anything that is either 100+ long/wide/tall would be included. Granted (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym

(...) BLIP=By Lucifer, It's Puny -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym

(...) CRAFT - Contemptible Range At Full Transwarp Can't Run Around For Too long Cost the Royal Air Force Tuppence BOAT - Boring Old Aeronautical Transport Bicycle On A Thruster Built On A Thursday :) Michael 'The Acronyzer' Dallaston (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym

(...) Normally I wouldn't waste people's time with a "LOL Post", but I've been unable to formulate any sensible replies to other threads on Lugnet because for the past fifteen minutes or so I keep cracking up at Tony's acronym. :) -Hendo, Man Who (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym

Funny...concise...de...itive....I like it! I think it's a good mix of all the suggestions and relatively self-explanatory enough for common usuage. My vote is 'yay'. Now I just have to build one :) Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes: snip snop (...) (de-lurk) Hi I am I newbie here I but I thought that maybe you could go by wiegth in oz.... Tim Spacey (lurk) snipity snip snip (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)