 Space / 18680
Re: Deciding on a large ship acronym
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:49:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
snip  snop

Could work.  But what do we mean by "100 studs"?  Are we discussing length
of the model?  What if someone designs a model that is rather wide, deep, • or
tall?  Theoretically, a ship could contain thousands of pieces and still
measure less than 100 studs long, depending on its shape.  In real life,
sea-ships are measured using tonnage and displacement (I think).  How • might
such a thing be translated to mini-figure scale for space vessels?

Great questions.  I personally think anything that is either 100+
long/wide/tall would be included.  Granted some builders will make (and have
in the past) some ships that are this long/wide/tall yet extremely weeny.
Maybe we could even make another acronym for ships that are trying to hard
to be a SHIP.  For some reason I keep thinking BLIP...can't really think of
what it stands for though..

(de-lurk)
Hi I am I newbie here I but I thought that maybe you could go by wiegth in
oz....

Tim
Spacey
(lurk)