 Space / 18668

Subject:
Deciding on a large ship acronym
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:53:24 GMT

Many good ideas were thrown around when we last discussed this.  After
thinking about it for a long while I've decided that SHIP is a cool term.

James Brown, who proposed the term, said it stood for Seriously Huge
Interstellar Plastic.
I added that it might be a Seriously Huge Investment in Parts.
I think both of these are cool and maybe even others could be funny.

(Some How I Phinished ;-)

It was also proposed that we develop a Roman numeral system to measure ship
size.

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=16958
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=16998

Why not combine the two?  For example from now on anything that is larger
than 100 studs (aside from it's function) would be a C1 SHIP.  200 up would
be a C2 SHIP etc..

Anything less than 100 studs would just be a ship.
Makes sense to me. :-)

What ya think?

-Jon
--