 Scala / 99
Re: What color is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.scala
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 15:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.scala, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.scala, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

Do you want the official color name?

Yes, please.

-Shiri

SCALA colors can be broken into two schemes. The first is seen in sets of 1997
(the 3200's) and the second beginning when the dolls became characters in 1998
(the 3100's).

Although 3119 uses the newer color scheme, the element you picked out is from
the older scheme.

Disregarding anything that looks orange to you, you should be able to identify
the following colors:

- light red  (L.RED)
- medium red (MD.RED)
- bright red (BR.RED)

Your element is medium red. It should be the same as a roof from 3290 or a
staircase banister. Light red is a much lighter version of that (see the upper
wall pieces in 5404 and 3270). The bright red is like pure, screaming "red"
(see lamp shade in 3119, it's set above your element there).

    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=3119

The LEGO catalogs and scans have a difficult time reproducing the SCALA colors
accurately. there's a huge range in the printing. I have enough sources that I
should take care to enter scans that are only true in color. replacing as we go.

Anyway, I hope that answers your question. I use the above naming scheme even
if, only in my head, I may think: "coral" or "shell."

-Suz