 General / 18420
Subject:
What color is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.scala
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 20:13:49 GMT

This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

The other bricks in the picture are standard colors, for comparison.

We're thinking of calling it "Apricot" or something similar...  Peach doesn't
really work, since it's too pink...

Ideas?

:)

D&J

Re: What color is this?
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

The other bricks in the picture are standard colors, for comparison.

We're thinking of calling it "Apricot" or something similar...  Peach doesn't
really work, since it's too pink...

Ideas?

:)

D&J

I see it as more of an orangey red than pink, but you're right, That is one
weird color.
Greg Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html

Re: What color is this?
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

The other bricks in the picture are standard colors, for comparison.

We're thinking of calling it "Apricot" or something similar...  Peach doesn't
really work, since it's too pink...

Ideas?

:)

Most probably 'apricot' would be most apt,
but since it's an approximation of a plant pot colour,
you could even go with 'terracotta'.
But 'apricot' would cover other uses.

pete.w

Re: What color is this?
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

The other bricks in the picture are standard colors, for comparison.

We're thinking of calling it "Apricot" or something similar...  Peach doesn't
really work, since it's too pink...

Ideas?

This may sound stupid, but I call it "scala orange" and I immediately think of
that color.

YMMV,
John

:)

D&J

Re: What color is this?
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

The other bricks in the picture are standard colors, for comparison.

We're thinking of calling it "Apricot" or something similar...  Peach • doesn't
really work, since it's too pink...

Ideas?

This may sound stupid, but I call it "scala orange" and I immediately think of
that color.

This is a pinkish/redish color. I like the terracotta that was suggested. If
you told me something was "Scala orange" I would think it is the pale orange
color (some examples would be the piece used as a dog bed in 3110, the table
top and cabinet color in 3115 [the cabinet door is the pinkish color], and
many of the parts in 3119 [other than the vase referenced above]).

Frank

Re: What color is this?
We're thinking of calling it "Apricot" or something similar...  Peach • doesn't
really work, since it's too pink...

Ideas?

This may sound stupid, but I call it "scala orange" and I immediately think of
that color.

This is a pinkish/redish color. I like the terracotta that was suggested. If
you told me something was "Scala orange" I would think it is the pale orange
color (some examples would be the piece used as a dog bed in 3110, the table
top and cabinet color in 3115 [the cabinet door is the pinkish color], and
many of the parts in 3119 [other than the vase referenced above]).

right, there's an "light orange" color and this one.. the door and the staircase
railings are apricot/terracotta but the stairs, wall sections etc are light
orange... the roofs are medium orange and if you snag an orange slope from the
holloween bucket (standard orange) it's even darker... we can take a picture to
compare if anyone wants :)

:)

Re: What color is this?
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

Do you want the official color name?

-Suz

Re: What color is this?
In lugnet.scala, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
This is a piece from 3119 - what color is it?

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~boger/Public/colors.jpg

Do you want the official color name?

Yes, please.

-Shiri