 Robotics / Vision Command / * (-5)
Re: Vision Command Books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 02:55:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Jon Hauris wrote:
Hi, Does anybody know of any books on Vision Command at all.  Especially any
books at the level of David Baum's or Bagnall's on Mindstorms.  I am really
interested in detailed image processing with VC.

Thanks, Jon

I am working on a program that posterizes an image. Can you do this with
theThreshold, MorphOpen, MorphClose, MorphProperOpen, MorphProperClose,
MorphThin and Invert commands in RoboLab?

Subject:
Looking for VisionCenter Examples
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 03:03:31 GMT

I will be developing a program that distills a real time image into a aesthetic
number using frequency & spatial filtering, quantitative, morphology and pattern
matching through the VisionCenter. My reference work will be to use known
masterpieces to see if there is something in common.
I really need to see VisionCenter examples. May you suggest a site?
Thanks in advance for your kind attention to my problem. Tom Lohre
http://tomlohre.com/lego.htm

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 20:49:55 GMT

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

Hmm... mine only runs at 5 fps... okay for macam's time lapse feature but no
good for anything else. Does anyone else's run faster?

Subject:
replacing the VC camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:58:57 GMT

Summoning the great minds of Lugnet, I put forth a question:
How hard is it to cause Lego's Vision Command software to view/use a different
USB camera?
I have multiple USB cameras, as well as a firewire camera that I would rather
use. (Especially since one of them is wireless)

Thanks for your time,
Timothy

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Thomas Johnson wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
and a patched version for OS X 10.3 can be found at:
http://www.multi-cam.net/camera_downloads.html

Tom

VERY COOL...  it works right out of the box on OS-X 10.2.6...  now, what to do
with a working LEGO VC cam ...  hmmmmm

Ray

Even more cool, I just realized that the Macam.component for QuickTime allows
the VC cam to be recognized by Yahoo chat...  wheeeeeeeee :)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact