 Robotics / Vision Command / *235 (-10)
Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Thomas Johnson wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
and a patched version for OS X 10.3 can be found at:
http://www.multi-cam.net/camera_downloads.html

Tom

VERY COOL...  it works right out of the box on OS-X 10.2.6...  now, what to do
with a working LEGO VC cam ...  hmmmmm

Ray

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:09:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
and a patched version for OS X 10.3 can be found at:
http://www.multi-cam.net/camera_downloads.html

Tom

Subject:
OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:29:32 GMT

I think this has been asked before, but I don't see any positive replies...

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

I believe someone has mentioned that the cam is really a Connectix QuickCam Web.
I have found a linux driver for that cam, but don't see a OS-X or BSD version.
Anyone know of one ?

thanks, Ray

Subject:
RCX.NET lets you program directly from .NET code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:08:36 GMT

Hi guys!

Some weeks ago I was trying to build a remote controlled (web page) camera
using my RCX and .NET. I tried many libraries and no one worked ok. Then I
decided to built my own .NET library, and It worked perfect.
Now I'm sharing this with you.Take a look and let me know any comments:
http://www.geeksco.com/rcxnet/index.htm
The programming interface is very similar to spirit's, but It does not
expose all its functionality. (Just drop me an email if you need some
additional method  :-) )

enjoy!

David

Re: how to get vision command update for win XP and win 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:56:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Chun Sing Kwok wrote:
I am having the same problem on Win2K, but even worst is that I am living in
asia, the LEGO branch here, told me that they does not help to order
anything for individuals...

Any place I can download it?

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:HJ4515.1DtJ@lugnet.com...
Rob limbaugh give me the info to get the update.

LEGO has a new version of VC for "XP".  It will also install on Win2K. Call
Shop@Home and wait (don't press any buttons) and tell the person on the phone
you need the new version of VC for XP.

Chris.

Hello,

I found this on the internet:
http://www.abs-robotics.com/tips/install/winxp/vc.htm

Hope it helps,
Ruth

Re: how to get vision command update for win XP and win 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:31:47 GMT

I am having the same problem on Win2K, but even worst is that I am living in
asia, the LEGO branch here, told me that they does not help to order
anything for individuals...

Any place I can download it?

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:HJ4515.1DtJ@lugnet.com...
Rob limbaugh give me the info to get the update.

LEGO has a new version of VC for "XP".  It will also install on Win2K. • Call
Shop@Home and wait (don't press any buttons) and tell the person on the • phone
you need the new version of VC for XP.

Chris.

Re: Vision Command can see IR!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:32:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Andrew Keyser wrote:
Yep, that's right--I found a page sowewhere where someone used the
remaining USB power offered by the computer to power 6 IR LEDs mounted
on the front of the cam--night vision!

Carl Jagt wrote:

Greetings,

   FYI -- While playing with my new Vision Command, the robo-cam swung by me
while I had the Mindstorm's remote control in hand; and I observed a point of
blue light eminating from the remote's IR head. A few quick and very
unscientific tests later, it appeared that the Vision Command camera can see
into the infrared spectrum -- can anyone else confirm this?
   (Also, prior to getting the VC cam up and running, the Win98 software
wanted to install RCX v2.0 into my v.10 RCX brick -- that surprised me...)

   Cheers,

Carl Jagt

Have a look here.

http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~lego/Projekte/projekte_englisch.html

Rainer

Re: Vision Command can see IR!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:34:25 GMT

--
-AK

--
------------
My website: http://legographics.idwt.net/

Subject:
how to get vision command update for win XP and win 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:00:41 GMT

Rob limbaugh give me the info to get the update.

LEGO has a new version of VC for "XP".  It will also install on Win2K.  Call
Shop@Home and wait (don't press any buttons) and tell the person on the phone
you need the new version of VC for XP.

Chris.

Subject:
Half speed in movie maker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:15:43 GMT

Hi,

When my son makes movies in Movie Maker they are way to fast because he does
not take enought
pictures (stop motion). Anybody know a program which will double the number
of frames and this
way make the movie longer.

Lars Gertsen - Denmark

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact