 Robotics / NXT / 80
Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:59:15 GMT

Here's an idea of how to get more than 3 NXTs connected via Bluetooth
(BT). It involves using a PC as a "relay point".

I think standards allow up to seven simultaneous connections per BT
device. The limitation to three connections on the NXT may be a
function of the Bluecore hardware/firmware "module" that is used on
the NXT. If I'm accurate on this, then it should be simple to write a
PC based relay program that would accept up to seven NXT
simultaneously connected via BT on the PC; whenver PC receives a
message would forward it out on the other six connections. Hopefully
the NXT "Fantom" driver on the PC supports multiple connections.

Furthermore, I think you canhave multiple BT devices plugged into a
single PC. So with three dongles, you could network 21 NXTs!