 Robotics / NXT / 91
Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:42:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   The NXT Robot Swarm has been scheduled for Saturday at 12:30 in Junior Ballroom 3. It seems the goal of this first event is to get some basic BT communication working, and if there’s time, actually try a swarm-like experiment. If anything else, it will be fun to just hang out and talk about this stuff.

Please bring your NXT along with the basic robot that everyone with an NXT retail set has the necessary parts to build. I’m talking about the driving base that can be assembled and programmed in 30 minutes.

We also need at least one person to bring a laptop with BT capabilities so we can design/compile/upload the programs we end up writing. (I don’t have a laptop, sorry!)

It might also be interesting to do broadcast-type IR communication with some RCX robots, but I think we’ll be plenty busy just getting the NXTs to talk to each other.

I’ll see you there!

I can loan out an iBook with BT - and it has the NXT retail software.

Joe Meno Event Coordinator