 Robotics / NXT / 130
RE: Gnah I'm afraid I've discovered a new bug :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 02:29:37 GMT

Anyone know if user applications (Java?) running on a camera phone have
access to a recent frame buffer from the on-board camera? The objective
of course is to perform image recognition on either the camera or the
cellphone for the NXT to make intelligent decisions. Of course, use BT
to communicate between cellphone and NXT.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf
Of Anders B Jansson
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 8:18 PM
To: lugnet.robotics.nxt@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Gnah I'm afraid I've discovered a new bug :(

Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Anders B Jansson wrote:

Then several hours later it started to 'click' as described
by others. I updated the firmware and after two tries it
worked, until I switched the brick off and tried to start it.
Stone dead again...

OK, that's just... weird. Are you using the straight-off-the-CD • software, or
have you upgraded with the "no clicking" patch?

Upgraded, and changed to fresh batteries twice,

I sure hope it isn't but is feels very much like a hardware failure
to me :(

On the other hand I can report that I managed to get a low budget GPS
to talk to my NXT.
The bad news is that it works perfect, outdoors, but not at all indoors
:)

On the good side is that I got it to talk to a Sony Ericson Z530I mobile

with built in camera (and GPRS modem,IRDA and Java) over Bluetooth.

And it appears to work with a low budget Billionton System BT USB
adapter.

What's also good is that Shop@Home has released extra cables and RCX
adapters, so soon I'll have extra light, rotation sensors, camera and
Internet connection but a non-working brick :(

// hdw