 Robotics / NXT / 129
Re: Gnah I'm afraid I've discovered a new bug :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 01:17:41 GMT

Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Anders B Jansson wrote:

Then several hours later it started to 'click' as described
by others. I updated the firmware and after two tries it
worked, until I switched the brick off and tried to start it.
Stone dead again...

OK, that's just... weird. Are you using the straight-off-the-CD software, or
have you upgraded with the "no clicking" patch?

Upgraded, and changed to fresh batteries twice,

I sure hope it isn't but is feels very much like a hardware failure
to me :(

On the other hand I can report that I managed to get a low budget GPS
to talk to my NXT.
The bad news is that it works perfect, outdoors, but not at all indoors :)

On the good side is that I got it to talk to a Sony Ericson Z530I mobile
with built in camera (and GPRS modem,IRDA and Java) over Bluetooth.

And it appears to work with a low budget Billionton System BT USB adapter.

What's also good is that Shop@Home has released extra cables and RCX
adapters, so soon I'll have extra light, rotation sensors, camera and
Internet connection but a non-working brick :(

// hdw