 Robotics / 9623
Re: detecting goal objects at a distance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Uwe Denzer writes:
Ben Jackson wrote
You can get these (as well as so-called Hot Mirror filters to block IR)
at any camera store.

Well, I knew that camera stores sell IR blocking filters but IR transmission
filters? Are you sure? (What would be the purpose for normal photography?)

IR Photography, of course.  Lookup Kodak HIE, for example.  The filters you are
looking for are Wratten #87 and 87C.  If you look at them they appear to be
black because they pass no visible light.  I believe the difference between the
two is exactly which IR wavelengths they pass, but I don't remember the
technical details.  I'm sure they're on the Kodak website.

--Ben