 Robotics / 26174
  NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Let's start a list of bluetooth adapters that are and are not compatible with the NXT. I purchased a Kensington model 33085 for $17 total incl shipping from ebay. It can discover the NXT using Mac OS X bluetooth configuration but can't find it using (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Here's a bit of a jumpstart for the list. I've collected this list over the last couple months from the MDP. They are all reported to work. There is some info for Macs, but not a lot. Steve -- Device MFG: D-LINK Device Model: DBT-120 coming (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Yes! I got the Kensington 33085 to work with the NXT on both Mac OS X and Windows. There are a bunch on sale at ebay for $17 incl shipping with buy-it-now. Here are the steps: OS X - when you plug in the adapter it will ask something about (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Thanks Steve. That's a great start. (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) I have a Targus BT mouse Model MOBT90UO. It no workie. I've been trying for the past few days inside and out, no dice. It's commonly available at Best Buy. The mouse works fine and the usb adapter claims to have all the major profiles on it, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) I picked up the IOGear Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter (GBU221) at Compusa for $29.99. Like the above GBU211, this works (at least on XP). - Chris (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

According to Lego "Supported Bluetooth software are WidcommR Bluetooth for Windows newer than v. 1.4.2.10 SP5 and the Bluetooth stacks included in Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 / Apple MacOS X 10.3.9 and 10.4." In trying to get Bluetooth (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

This device is working on my system: Device MFG: Belkin Device Model: F8T012 Approx Cost: 29.99 Where bought: Fry's OS: Windows XP (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

I can report success with a EPOX BT-DG02 dongle on both XP SP2 and Mac OS X 10.4.7. I've taken the liberty of putting this data in a ViaList (an application I've been working on for a while). It's available to all at (URL) monitor this thread and (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Thank's for setting up that list. Is there a way to tell if an adapter has been tried and doesn't work, or just hasn't been tried? Note that I did get he Kensington to work on XP and OS X as you can see from my later post. (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Hi In article <004e01c6a0b2$1ecc34...kdesktop>, Dick Swan <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> wrote (...) This, folks, is what you must shop for. (...) I am sure that everyone interested in the Lego NXT, especially so early in the release cycle, is optimistic (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) I can confirm the Targus USB Bluetooth 2.0 adapter with EDR (model # ACB10US) works on the PC. $30 at Staples. The adapter is Mac-compatible, but I don't have a Mac to test the NXT connectivity. (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Thanks. I'll fix the list later today to show tested / untested, and review the entries that have been added... didn't get to do that yesterday. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Steve Hassenplug writes: > Here's a bit of a jumpstart for the list. I've collected this list over the > last couple months from the MDP. They are all reported to work. Do list members want me to throw this information up on (URL) ? Or is there a (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Now that you mention it - does anyone have experience with the built-in Bluetooth solution(s) that come with recent-day Macs? I've got an iBook G4 w/ Bluetooth and will get a new MacBook pro later this year, it would just be great to know (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) LEGO has also posted a table of compatible devices they have tested themselves: (URL) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Jordan said: (...) themselves: (...) is available at (URL) assuming that when they give an adapter the three-happy-minifig-head rating, that means they've tested it on BOTH OS X and Windows XP. Jeff Garbers (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Here's an addition to your list: Device MFG: D-LINK Device Model: DBT-122 Cost: $23.00 SGD Works fine on Win XP BTW, the DBT-120 has been phased out. This one didn't work: Device MFG: Billionton Device Model: USBBTC1A Cost: $29.00 SGD Nogo on (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Correction, Tried again with the Billionton and managed to get it to work. The trick is not to use the software that came with the adapter but rather to use the native drivers in WinXP. So uninstall the application software. Insert the adapter (...) (18 years ago, 9-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) I'm not able to make it work. Have EPoX BT-DG02 and XP SP2. If I scan with the NXT-sw, nothing is detected. If I try to do a manual connection from the NXT, it discovers the PC, but after saying "Connecting" it says "Line is Busy". Any (...) (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) I had a similar problem. After uninstalling the software that came with the Bluetooth-Stick WinXP detected the Stick again and used its own driver. Now it works. I have a Lutec BTA-6030 and since I use the WinXP-Driver it works quite well. (...) (18 years ago, 25-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

I've updated the compatibility list at (URL) reflect this update. It APPEARS that as a rule, one should try using the native XP drivers first, and only install the vendor-provided drivers if necessary. Some of those vendor drivers may not uninstall (...) (18 years ago, 25-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Uninstalling the provided driver and then reinstalling using the XP-driver made it work with the NXT. Thanks! Thomas (18 years ago, 26-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Hi, I have a Kensington Bluetooth USB Adapter 2.0, model 33348. I installed the software that came with the adaptor and I verified that the driver installed was version 4.0.1.2400. I am able to establish a connection from the NXT to the PC as (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) Unfortunately, I've got a dongle with Widcomm 5.1.0.1100 software. I need it for devices not supoorted by Win XP SP2 so I can't really go back. I assume that it the PC connects to the brick using the simple serial port profile (SPP) - Is this (...) (17 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

(...) I have an Encore Bluetooth model ENUBT-C2. It works fine if using Windows bluetooth support. I had to uninstall the software tha comes with the product in order to work. Att, Mauro Vianna (17 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

I bought one of those "no name" adapters (with Bluesoleil software) $10 (Australian). Of course, plug and no-go. Then I found this: (URL) working now. The adapter has been identified as "ISSC USB Bluetooth Device". (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

I bought the Kensington 33085 and have had that working fine on 3 different PCs. I also bought a no-name bluetooth adapter that uses the BlueSoliel software. I was able to get that one working on the PCs as well. The Kensington, bought for about $50 (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

Besides, there's an according list on the official LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT site: (URL) certainly not complete, though, but a starting point (and they may be interested in the results of this discussion as well). As for BlueSoleil, I could not get it (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

At the very beginning, I could get the BlueSoleil (the software with an orange in the middle) connect to NXT, no problem. But it was no use, as long as Lego software can't find the bluetooth. But that was only at the beginning. I can't reproduce (...) (16 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters

I have a older no-name one with BlueSoleil. But that one didn't work with the instruction I followed. (...) (16 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)