 Robotics / 23391
Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:49:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Kyle Vrieze wrote:

I noticed some of the black areas are dusty, which will happen if you work on a
MOC for an extended period of time.  I've found an ordinary paintbrush works
well for getting dust off--better than washing, and way better than a toothbrush
(I've never tried compressed air).

Compressed air can either be expensive (from the little cans) or sometimes has
traces of oil in it from the compressor.

What I have had good luck with are camelhair brushes. If you buy makeup brushes
it is sometimes possible to get rounded camelhair brushes that are almost an
inch across, making for a fast and convenient cleanup of large areas. Then use a
fine paintbrush as Kyle suggests for the corners and crevices.

Great work!

Seconded. Spotlighted. Someone else did one in black though, didn't they? Or was
that you too?