 Robotics / 23370
Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:25:13 GMT

bricksnap wrote:

> Yes, treads are working, but moving is rather bumpy. Because of the construction
> of the treads and the huge overall weight they easily broke up.

I'm a little suprised that you chose to use just one motor for each tread.  The
whole J5 looks pretty heavy and tracks are not the most efficient drive mechanism!

It's an amazing piece of work though.  Congratulations!

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net