 Robotics / 23358
Subject:
Johnny five IS alive - first MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:09:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

hello all

After a long building time (uncounted houres during one and a half year) I
finally assembled my Johnny Five robot the first time.

This was a great feeling looking to the robot and I will share this with you.I
found a lot of inspiration on Lugnet and Bricklink.

J5 is made of 8 modules and his total weight is about 13 kg. I think its a large
style model :-) It uses a number of motors and gears:

- 5 in each arm (shoulder, upper arm, ellbow, wrist, hand)
- 3 for the head (turn, two pistons)
- 2 for the treads
- 1 for the upper body

It was my intension to build J5 as close as possible to the "real" J5
(http://www.johnny-five.com).

My special thank is going to Eric Sophie and Rosco. Eric's JAMA gave me the
"kick" to start buildung J5 using LEGO and learnd me a lot of construction
technics. And Rosco showed me the idea for the treads with his MOC CC2800.

J5 is not almost finished now. There are a ot of little things waiting to be set
up right. I also have to wire the electrics and learn to programm RCX.

I also have to re-construct the joint for the upper body, It is to weak to hold
the whole weight of the body, arms and head.

The pics are located on brickshelf

(hope my english is not to bad..)

greetings from switzerland

Steven

Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:38:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Stefan Naepflin wrote:
[...]

Hi Steven, that is very cool! I'm glad I could contribute no matter how small.
I've added .technic to the groups cos I think they'll like it over there too!

Can't wait to see the finished robot - I remember Short Circuit from when I was
a kid.

One question I have, how smoothly does it move on those treads? I found my crane
was pretty jerky when it moved.

ROSCO

Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC