 Robotics / 23328
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> wrote:
tmassey@obscorp.com writes:
Perfect.  Right turns and left turns, and we stay in-spec.  Beautiful.

   Thank you Tim! You point out the strengths of the "loose spec" far better
than I have been. And based on that, I'll now have a module that will adhere to
the Type I spec, but allow left or right 90-deg turns (with 32x32 or smaller
neighboring modules, but I suspect there will be plenty of those), and with a
little more work that same (still in spec!) module can be quickly adjusted to
break spec and allow two left turns (turning the line 180-deg) and/or spliting.
   The secret is 10xn modules. Beautiful!

There should also be an appendix to the spec pointing this out,
though.

   Yes, I really need to update my list (like, make it a readable format) and
add a "tips & tricks" section. In my copious free time...

--
Brian Davis