 Robotics / 23311
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:34:33 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message
news:IA3zL9.xKJ@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.robotics, "Rob Limbaugh" <RLimbaugh@greenfieldgroup.com> wrote:
Personally, I think something similar to the moonbase concept should be
applied--

I love standards, but I also like the 'variedness' of the GBC
modules--trying to
get somethign specific hammered down, like 'only 32x32 baseplates with the
bin
in the bottom left corner' might be a little difficult.

As it is, Steve's details is the front of the bin must be within 32 studs
from
the back edge of the baseplate, to allow modules to run along a wall.

Maybe in the future Steve and Co. will get more specific, but this is a
good
start

We shall see what transpires.

Dave K

What's the big deal?  Either you can make a module to comply with simple
specs, or you can't.  If you need more space and can't fit everything inside
1 - 32x32 module, then make a multiplate module

Why impose more limits than necessary?  Of the 10 modules in our (very successful)
test GBC, these 4 would have to be eliminated for being out-of-spec: (not a multiple
of 32)

oops, I forgot, you can't use 48x48 baseplates.  Add this:

Come to think of it, exactly one of the ten were legal modules that fit in one
standard 32x32 module.

And, because of the spec, when Chad's module (
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1049771 ) stopped working, we took
it out, slid the other together, and kept running.

I just don't see how adding more rules will improve anything.

Steve