 Robotics / 21693

Subject:
External power supply ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:55:09 GMT

Hello,

for work i've been building a lego crane, which  is used to
attract people to my company's stand at fairs/conferences. One
of the problem is the batteries. It's annoying that every once in
a while someone has to change them. I've heard that version
1.0 of the rcx had a power jack, and that version 2.0 'kinda' also has
one, only it's disabled or obscured (or something).

I've been googling my way through the internet, trying to find some
sort of rcx-modding-guide, but to no avail.

Is there anyone here that has some info on how i can get my rcx version
2.0 to work with an external power supply?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ilja

Re: External power supply ?
for work i've been building a lego crane, which  is used to
attract people to my company's stand at fairs/conferences. One
of the problem is the batteries. It's annoying that every once in
a while someone has to change them. I've heard that version
1.0 of the rcx had a power jack, and that version 2.0 'kinda' also has
one, only it's disabled or obscured (or something).

I've been googling my way through the internet, trying to find some
sort of rcx-modding-guide, but to no avail.

Is there anyone here that has some info on how i can get my rcx version
2.0 to work with an external power supply?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ilja

http://nanobapt.homelinux.com/mindstorms/old/tips_tricks/tips_autres.htm

it's in french but google can understand it ;-)

nanobapt

Re: External power supply ?