 Robotics / 19548
Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:48:45 GMT

Jeff Wood wrote:
One idea that I always wanted to persue was autonomus car racing, nascar
style.

What do you think?

If this is a race (as opposed to a set of solo time trials) then I
think you need some way for cars to avoid each other.

Maybe requiring each car to have a 'tail light' at a specified height
so that a forward facing light sensor could detect if you are about
to rear-end the car in front?

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net