 Robotics / 19525
Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 05:54:02 GMT

One idea that I always wanted to persue was autonomus car racing, nascar
style.

I thought of setting up a small oval on a 4x8 sheet of plywood and marking
the entrance to the corners in one shade, inside boundries(3' from the wall)
in a second shade and the outside boundries in a third.  the rcx could use
dual light sensors to avoid walls know when to turn and AI to determine
cornering speed and acceleration. I figured the best way to classify the
vehicles would be by vehicle footprint and the number of motors ( a stock
class for three motors tied to the rcx, and "unlimited" class for those
using auxlirary power packs)

it would be an excellent balance between programming and mechanical design.
The AI could try different cornering radious for different laps.  with three
or more "cars" on the track it could be quite excitingto watch, better than
sumo or line following.

What do you think?

Jeff Wood

"Eduardo Vazquez Harte" <eduvazhar@terra.es> wrote in message
If everything goes fine I'll be getting a RIS 2.0 it will be
my 1st LEGO MINDSTORMS set. I have an idea but may is not possible to
do specially a newbie like me won't be able to do it but I whould like
to know if is possible to do a remote control plane?

May be no if what about a car?

Does there robots work only if the pc is on or can they work with out
using the pc once they are built?

What baterries I need for this RIS 2.0 set?

Thanks for answers