 Publishing / 4056
Re: Bricks? Magazine Announcements: Charter Subscription Offer and Preview Sneak Peek
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:21:06 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.announce.brickmedia, Matthew Gerber writes:
PLUS...each charter subscriber will be eligible to receive
a free gift! (see the official publication web site at
http://www.bricksmagazine.com for details)

I need some clarification here...

From bricksmagazine.com:

"CHARTER SUBSCRIBERS ARE
ELIGIBLE FOR A FREE GIFT!*"
"* Free gift to be determined. Free gift is available only to charter
subscribers upon renewal of their Bricks Magazine subscription after
expiration of their charter subscription."

So we wouldn't get the free gift until after we get our first six issues and
then we pay more for another subscription, correct?

Correct.

I couldn't find on the
site how much this renewal subscription will cost.

Frankly, we haven't quite decided yet. It really depends upon the amount of
interest we see. If thousands of folks want the magazine...it'll be cheap.
If hundreds want it...it'll be expensive.

I don't wish to go into depth regarding market research and such, but you've
already done the math on the absolute most a 12 month subscription will cost
at cover price.

Also, you throw "6
issues!" around a lot but never seem to say how often the magazine will be
published.  Is this a weekly, monthly, annual, whenever we get around to it
publication?  I'm wondering if you've announced this before and I missed it,
but I can't seem to find it on your website.

Second paragraph on the site, last line. Monthly. And we've announced it
before. I'll look at altering the web site to make this more noticable.
Thank you for the heads-up.

Since the deadline for charter subscribers is coming before the preview
issue, I'd bet that you're going to be losing a few would-be subscribers.  I
for one find it hard to pay $2.00 per issue (a savings from the $5.00 cover
price!) for a magazine that I've never even seen.

Thats a charter offer for you...save a bunch by taking a chance. If you
aren't comfortable with this, please don't purchase a subscription to Bricks
until you have an issue in your hands. We don't want to cause
discomfort...we just want to produce a great publication for the enthusiasts.

Thanks for your interest and comments,

Matt