 Pirates / 4169
Re: (MOC) 12-gun Top-Sail Schooner RTS REMEMBER the LEGAMO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Kurt Baty wrote:
   12-gun Top-Sail Schooner RTS REMEMBER the LEGAMO

at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=113321

A two center section ship.

What do I like with what I did with this MOC, I like that masts have rake, and it has a low tumblehome, and the shaped sheer in the hull. And also that bow gun ports are still used and the bronze swivel guns.

Another worthy vessel! While I’m not generally a fan of schooner rigs, this is an excellent example...

The mast rake is subtle

1 plate higher on the front of the 4 x 4 mast base.

   and that stern, narrow and nicely schoonery.

thanks, I like the new (to me) word schoonery, too!

   She not quite done I need a blue waving flag for the fore mast top. And a figure head, that’s neat and small, maybe not just another minifig female torso.

Have you considered one like the (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/tallships/demand04.jpg Demand)? (Minifig head, 1x2 plate with one stud, 2x headlight bricks plus 2 1x1 plates).

I’ve looked closely at this, and it’s good, but ... I was thinking of a non-person figure head, I think, that I want to use http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6029a and make a (white) bucranium. I just haven’t figured out how. It would be a fitting figure head for my RTS Vessel!

Yee-ha!

kurt

Cheers

Richie Dulin