 Pirates / 342
Re: Imperial Armada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:41:08 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

It's a mystery that Lego only truly knows.  I think they weakened the Pirates
line with the Islander series and then came back with an uninspired round of
pirate ships and either decided that was it or (hopefully) they would let it
sit fallow for a while and come back to it.  There have been vague rumors of
Pirates returning, but nothing that I would consider encouraging.

I think that the reason pirates left is because it could not be junorised

Sure it could.  Heck, they already used wall elements, one-piece rowboats,
big hull pieces...

Pirates Jr. would probably have one-piece hulls for all the ships, would lose
the detailed decorations that made the large ships so nice, probably one-piece
masts and one-piece crossbars to hang the sails from.  The sterncastle would
be
made from wall sections instead of bricks - but the captain's cabin would have
a trap door to drop victims into the bilges.

J, feeling cynical yet?

--
sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura