 Pirates / 334
    Imperial Armada —Mike Kane
   Anyone here know why Lego didn't make much of the Imperial Armada subtheme? There were only two official sets in the subtheme (6280 Armada Flagship and 6244 Armada Sentry). Sure, the guy with the red shirt with blue stripes (the sentry) was in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Imperial Armada —Richard Parsons
     Mike Kane wrote in message ... (...) Let me know about any ideas you might have. I like 'em fine. The Armada Flagship in particular. I find that the best view of her is with her stern stuck up in the air, as her battered broken bow points the way to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

         Re: Imperial Armada —Mike Kane
     (...) Well, yes, if you had a ton of Achu figs, I guess it would work, but I think of King Achu as more of a Brazilian or Peruvian (maybe Incan) Native American. If the islanders are from the Caribbean (as they must be, considering the fact that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Imperial Armada —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) It's a mystery that Lego only truly knows. I think they weakened the Pirates line with the Islander series and then came back with an uninspired round of pirate ships and either decided that was it or (hopefully) they would let it sit fallow (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Imperial Armada —Jonathan Wilson
   (...) I think that the reason pirates left is because it could not be junorised -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Imperial Armada —Jeff Johnston
   (...) Sure it could. Heck, they already used wall elements, one-piece rowboats, big hull pieces... Pirates Jr. would probably have one-piece hulls for all the ships, would lose the detailed decorations that made the large ships so nice, probably (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Imperial Armada —Jonathan Wilson
    (...) O.K. then, So you could junorise pirates. My next guess is that they just ran out of ideas that the guys at the top would accept (we want to make a new pirate ship that has 3 of the larger sized pirate hull middle pieces in it. no. o.k. then (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)