 Pirates / 334
Subject:
Imperial Armada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 04:52:39 GMT

Anyone here know why Lego didn't make much of the Imperial Armada subtheme?
There were only two official sets in the subtheme (6280 Armada Flagship and
6244 Armada Sentry).  Sure, the guy with the red shirt with blue stripes (the
sentry) was in several pirate sets, but that didn't excuse the lack of sets.
Frankly, Lego ought to have made some sets with Spaniards and Islanders
combined, so that there would have been a Columbus and Arawaks type of setup.
To top it off, the other two conquistadors only appeared in the flagship set
and the 6204 Buccaneers minifig pack; in essence, they were given the shaft.
Too bad, I think they look pretty cool and authentic.  I'd like to see a
continuation of conquistadors in the future: a much broader choice of sets and
more minifigs, please!  Anyone here concur with me?  Let me know about any
ideas you might have.  Thanks.

Mike

Re: Imperial Armada