 Pirates / 2886
Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, John Henry Kruer writes:
Indeed!  You can use larger 2X2 round plates mounted on the 1X2 plate with
one stud to make bigger wheels:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Pirate/cannons/dsc01028.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Pirate/cannons/dsc01032.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Pirate/cannons/dsc01033.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Pirate/cannons/dsc01034.jpg
here's my cannon folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=22173

Nice work.

Can I offer I suggestion on your cannon made of 2x2 rounds? Try a freestyle
four stud wheelhub (conveniently available in grey) in place of the 2x2
round at the cannon mouth, to give a smooth end to the gun. I used that for
my carronade (see http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=16063),
but it was not an original use by any means....

Cheers

Richie Dulin