 Pirates / 2885
Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
Good *Lord*!

That, sir, is a MASSIVE gun!

Keeping your Imperial friends happy has just moved to the top of my list!
Nicely built -- the chrome really adds to the menace!

Well, in terms of rating it in the Naval system, I think it's a 'Oh God
We're About to Die'-pounder. I don't know of a gun this big being mounted on
a ship before 1830. It's barrel length looks to be about 12-13 feet, its
bore is... well, *HUGE*! I'd either call it a 42- or 60-pounder gun or a
20(odd)-inch rifle. Either way, *BOOM*.

The Imperials might want to assign extra guards! ; )

Nice work, Tom... it's a gunnery revolution!

Kenneth Tam

Hey Ken,
Thanks for the comments!
I think the gun will be mounted on my port town and not in any ship.  I'm
not sure the ship could withstand the recoil of such a weapon.  I'm hoping
to maybe have a twin gun to go with it.  I like your rating of "oh God,
We're about to Die"!  I think that pretty much sums it up!  I'm proud to be
part of the revolution! hehheh
later,
Tom