 Pirates / 2887
Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 05:37:55 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tom Reed writes:
Hi All,
With the wonderful weapon MOCs posted by Richie and Ken, I felt I should
post my latest creation!  I don't know what size this cannon should be,
maybe Ken can help me there.  Take a look at "Booming Betty", the latest
weapon of the Imperial Army!  Here's the address:

http://www.zyworld.com/tmot/Page11.htm

I hope you like it!  I was pleased with being able to use so many chrome
parts in creating it.  I only wish the whole thing could have been chrome as
well.
Happy Sailing..

   I immediately thought of the famous war trophy cannon, Malik-e-Maidan,
   which was built in 1549 and brought to Bijapur state; it's a 55-ton
   gun that required 10 elephants and 500 men to move.  The British, of
   course, took symbolic possession of it while they governed the region
   (though they never dared try to move it!) and it still sits in Roza
   today.  It's really very cool--cast with relief and a stylized lion's
   head around the muzzle.

   Your gun's so shiny it screams of an intimidation piece--a gun so very
   large and devastating that it shows to people who understand the power
   of ordinary cannon the height of "civilization" and the futility of
   resisting whatever force or empire possessed it.  Such guns were rarely
   used, being too unwieldy, but they were critical symbols of effective
   imperial rule and technical prowess (even to other European powers).
   It's so very shiny and lovely though...mmmm, chrome cannon.

   But how many people and hours would it take to load?  ;)

   best

   LFB