 Pirates / 2880
Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:02:47 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
I like that cannon... I'll try building one!

Woohoo! A franchise! : )

I've alway's liked carronades, and I really like how realistic that
carronade is, but its a bit big for my ship! :(
(it'll be done soon, I promise!)

Good old Carronades! You could probably squeeze a *couple* in! : )

Oh I have- 2 on the Forcastle.  But their pitifully simple!  :)

What makes you think that Lego cannons are 18-pounders?  I think their more
around 24.

Well, I actually puzzled over this for hours. In stud-feet, Lego cannon are
about 6 or 7 feet long, making them only as long as short 12s. But their
bore is a foot!
Using Dave Eaton's conversion tool, assuming that a the average person is
5.9 feet, a cannon is 7.87 minifig feet, rounded to 8.

(http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/scale.cgi is the conversion tool)

How does this measure up?  Anybody got any cannon length resources?

-JHK