 Pirates / 2877
Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:59:47 GMT

I like that cannon... I'll try building one!

Woohoo! A franchise! : )

I've alway's liked carronades, and I really like how realistic that
carronade is, but its a bit big for my ship! :(
(it'll be done soon, I promise!)

Good old Carronades! You could probably squeeze a *couple* in! : )

What makes you think that Lego cannons are 18-pounders?  I think their more
around 24.

Well, I actually puzzled over this for hours. In stud-feet, Lego cannon are
about 6 or 7 feet long, making them only as long as short 12s. But their
bore is a foot!

Eventually, I settled on 18-pounder simply as a compromise: they're only
just as long as my 12s, but their more is 12-inch... really, they could
probably be anything 18 and up!

Great cannons!

Thanks... now I just need ships to put them in...

Kenneth Tan