 Pirates / 2008
Re: Calling Frank and Lego Direct Out! (was Re: Puerto Bonita)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 02:04:57 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Marchetti writes:

(just when you thought I had become a kinder and gentler Hop-Frog! NO!)

Yes, I *was* starting to wonder about that! :-) Glad to know you're back to
your irascible self, it wasn't the same with the new you around.

In defense of Frank, I know he's trying to build up a rather large fleet for
the pirate game at BrickFest. I'm not sure of exactly how large but he WAS
muttering about "filling the largest room at George Mason Uni with ships and
islands" in his sleep at INNs of America when we went to the non-wedding. SO
he's not buying just for himself.

And, yes, my wife has intimated that I do need my head examined along with
"the rest of that lunatic gang you hang with". Frank's not married.

On the topic of bidding stuff up out of spite, that's just plain mean. I
know you were kidding and that you really bid to the level where you are
comfortable and no farther... so I won't press the point.

For example I just bid on EVERYTHING that Jotnjab put up in his "classic
lego" auctions, but they all were fire and forget bids, I won't be upset if
I get outbid on most of them.

Take heart, Forbes Magazine confirms that the average price for collectible
stuff on eBay is trending downward. Sharply.

++Lar