 Pirates / 1996
Re: Puerto Bonita
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 18:22:53 GMT

First Things First, I realized that in my post it may seem like I am upset
at Frank.  Not so.  He is a god to me, and I just suck at Ebay!
Due to lack of space in my den, the city itself no longer exists.  Some of
the buildings have been transplanted to Tan baseplates for use in my
upcoming "Zorro" creation. (an eerily prescient comment made by Bruce,who is
like a god to me as well)
The Fortress, and the Governors Ship "Los Tres Condores" still stand, and
I'll include more pics of the fort soon.  The ship is posted on the same
page, just up one folder level.  I didn't include it originally, because I
don't really have many pics that do it justice.
It's a beautiful ship, not huge, but larger than SES.  I'm short one sail as
well. I tried to stick with the original Soldier color scheme, so I built up
the hull using brown bricks. I put two of the ships "boys" on the deck
struggling with a cannon. (they were originally kissing the gunners daughter)
I've found that many custom ships seem to be just the front and back
sections with as many center segments as can be found crammed in the middle.
Pile up a bunch of guns, and throw on a helm, and there you have it.  The
ships I've always admired have been proportioned and balanced very well, so
I tried to go for a less is more feel, and add some details.  There are two
decks, and when I get the chance I'll shoot photos of the interiors as well.
I'm not a photographer so I'll appreciate the tips you can pass along.
I can post some of the Storyboards that I based the town on (I had
originally, and somewhat overambitiously,planned a film) and they can give a
layout of the town in relation to the plaza and the market.
As far a docks and a harbor, I always wanted to build some to add onto the
town, but there was no room.  I'll have to give it a go soon, but right now
I'm constructing an island for my islanders.  With the prospect of having
the availability of "Enchanted Island" again, I may finally be able to amass
a force that could actually threaten an exploration party, or pirate crew.
With Limited space, it's hard to display everything (and I'm usually
struggling as to which theme to build on a regular basis)
This has been far too long and self indulgent a post, so if you are still
reading thanks for your time!

                                  Jon

you can visit my Wild west page at  www.stickybrix.50megs.com